Sign in to follow this  
efschilling

Converting a multisite from Platform Pro to Pagelines Framework

efschilling

I've been reading posts on this and it seems the issues have not been fully worked out yet on how to successfully make this conversion. Is this correct? I have a site with about 10 subdomains. I'd like to run the Pagelines Framework but am afraid to make the conversion. Anyone done this?

Simon
Converting from PlatformPro to Framework 2.x is always going to be difficult, there are a lot of different settings. We tried to make it easier by porting some common settings the first time you activate the new framework but of lot of things will be lost, it is a completely different framework after all. Seeing as multisite is basically 10 sites with 10 different databases just sharing one set of theme files you will have to go into each site and update each one. To be honest this is a HUGE task. Nobody has tried any thing like what your proposing. Just to reiterate what has been said quite a few times in this forum already FW 2.0 is not a straight 'upgrade' from PlatformPro, they are two separate products.

efschilling
Thanks for answering this. My question now is can I add the pagelines framework to my multisite (where I have platform pro and about 140 other themes) and build "subdomain" sites with it? I would think this would be possible but just want to make sure. THANKS!

Simon
If the multisite is already in subdomain mode then yes, of course. Just install it and away you go! BTW any sites with PP installed if you switch to framework the settings wont be 'nuked' if you switch back to PP they will still be there, its non destructive.