Sign in to follow this  
kracker

pagelines page default templates, sitemap?

kracker

I realize there are several blanks to use as default pages, but it's strange that such a complete theme doesn't have a sitemap? Is this something we can get? Possibly a set of standards?

Simon
Sitemaps are normally handled by plugins. wpseo has a great sitemap routine.

kracker
@pross I utilize that wpseo for googles sitemap, but for usability sake however, a user sitemap is pretty established as a default requirement for disabled users and is a built in template for most frameworks, that's all. It would be a better feature than another plugin or end user hack.

Simon
Sitemaps created by wpseo are an xml list of pages with modified dates parsed by search engines to make it easier to add new pages into the search engines, it looks like this: http://pross.org.uk/post-sitemap.xml. End users would be better off with a simple list of pages with descriptions.

kracker
I hope the xml example wasn't for my benefit or to compare that bot ready map to a consumer facing site tool that's been researched since 1996 and has standard best practice guidelines for the disabled? We're talking about two totally different needs here that aren't killed with one stone in my humble opinion. I'd like to see a page template for a default sitemap built into the theme to make it complete, but that probably won't happen so I'll build it. Thanks for the consideration.