Sign in to follow this  
mandcadamsbigpondcom

Recent Posts By Category

mandcadamsbigpondcom

I'm wondering if it's possible to create widgets for recent posts by category. What I want to do is on the home page at: http://www.VREDVoice.com is instead of showing the most recent article links as they are now, I want most recent articles by category preferably with an excerpt of the most recent post too. I've tried adding the categories widget but it's too high level, it doesn't show the recent post titles within the categories and of course no excerpt of same. Am I asking to do the impossible?

wp101

Hi M R Adams, I have had a look around and found a widget plugin here that allows you to show, for a particular category, one (or more) of the most recent post titles along with their excerpts (optional). It's not exactly what you wanted because it doesn't show all categories in the one box. So you would have to add multiple instances of this widget for each category and they would show up in seperate boxes. However, it wouldn't be a big job to customise the code of this widget to allow for what you require. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can do it for you for a small fee. -- Talha - PageLines Moderator

wp101

Hi M R Adams, I have had a look around and found a widget plugin here that allows you to show, for a particular category, one (or more) of the most recent post titles along with their excerpts (optional). It's not exactly what you wanted because it doesn't show all categories in the one box. So you would have to add multiple instances of this widget for each category and they would show up in seperate boxes. However, it wouldn't be a big job to customise the code of this widget to allow for what you require. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can do it for you for a small fee. -- Talha - PageLines Moderator

wp101

wp101

Hi M R Adams, I have had a look around and found a widget plugin here that allows you to show, for a particular category, one (or more) of the most recent post titles along with their excerpts (optional). It's not exactly what you wanted because it doesn't show all categories in the one box. So you would have to add multiple instances of this widget for each category and they would show up in seperate boxes. However, it wouldn't be a big job to customise the code of this widget to allow for what you require. I can do this for you for a small price if you want. -- Talha - PageLines Moderator

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Thanks so much Talha, I'll have a go at it and see what it looks like. I might prefer to show them in separate widgets actually, if not I'll be in touch. Thank you for your help, much appreciated. :)

wp101

You're welcome. Hope it helps. Talha

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Yep, worked a treat. I had a challenge with formatting the images but after a few hours worked out how to add a div class to it so they floated to the left. Looking good now. Thanks again!