Sign in to follow this  
carldavaz

Custom fields in "Base Theme Global Settings" section of PageLines?

carldavaz

Hi, I've been looking at config.options.php, and I see that this is where PL sets up the admin interface for things. I am creating a custom static section for my header (logo at top of page) and I would love to include an additional URL to our parent website via the admin. I have played around with the code a little bit (extending it via the base theme) but I have not had any luck creating my own tabbed pane via the "Base Theme Global Settings" section of the PL admin. Any tips on how to get a custom field on the backend that is not tied to a blog entry? I just need a simple field that contains a URL. I'll post back here if I find a solution. Thanks! Micky

catrina
Hm, this goes beyond the scope of my knowledge since I've never personally tried implementing something in the backend. Perhaps someone with more experience can provide insight.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

carldavaz
Hi Catrina! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I figure it would be cool to have a blog field in the admin where I could put the "parent" site's web address... I am building a custom header section, and I would like to avoid hard coding this information into the section.php template. P.S.: Thanks to your motivating words from another thread, I did sign up for the developer program, but I am waiting to get an e-mail letting me know where to go for dev questions.