Sign in to follow this  
mandcadamsbigpondcom

Author Posts

mandcadamsbigpondcom

I have various authors writing for my site and they each have an author profile page. I'd like to add to their page a list of all their posts. Is this possible? Example of one of the author pages: http://www.vredvoice.com/voices/audrey-harvey I can see in the users area a list of posts by author but I don't know how to call them up into a feature widget to place on their pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wp101

Hi M R Adams, Just letting you know that I am currently investigating this for you. Talha

wp101

Hey, I've found a plugin which I think matches quite closely with what you require. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/latest-posts-by-author/ You can try install that and the place where you want to display the list, you can copy paste this: [latestbyauthor author="username" show="3"] ...where you substitute username with the author's name and the show parameter allows you to set how many posts you want to show. I know you said you want to show all posts but you can set the number of posts high enough to account for their posts. Let me know how it goes if you try this. Talha

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Thanks Talha, I'll check it out. I hoped not to have to use a great deal of plugins but it looks like it might be the only way to add the various types functionality I want on the site. Many thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Cheers Michelle

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Worked simply and easily, thanks for your help Talha!