Sign in to follow this  
mike.bullen@eurisko.com.au

Customise the Navigation Images

Hello, I'm building the website www.sydneyhammers.com.au and am having issues around customising the menu. If you have a look you'll see that I have customised the 'nav-bg-black.png' menu with a Claret and Blue nav bar and I have customised the "navdivider-black.png" The two issues that I'm having and I can't seem to resolve are: 1) On Roll Over the menu turns black - how do I change the css code to change the colour? i.e from #000 to anything else? 2) If you click on one of the nav items 'Over a pint or two' for example, the nav item now changes to a blue bar with a grey line. How do I change the css code to change that? is it an image reference or a css code change? i.e from #000 to anything else? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks MIKE

Danny
Hi Mike, Do you have any plug-ins related to navigation at all ? Also can you disable all active plug-ins and reply when you have done. So we can take a closer look. As I cant seem to find where the black hover is coming from.

Please search our forums, before posting!

catrina
It appears to be coming from a file on your install called color_black.css. I don't know where this file comes from though (perhaps from a plugin). Maybe if a navigation hover property were adjusted in that file, the black would go away.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your help. You were right as the black nav was controlled by the file color_black.css which was under the iBlogpro/pro/css folder. Thanks for your help on that one!! Any ideas on question 2 (blue / grey bar) Thanks! MIKE

Jenny
Same file (color_black.css), this section: [code]#nav .current_page_item a, #nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav .current_page_ancestor a, #nav .current_page_ancestor a:hover { background: url("../images/nav-sprite-black.png") repeat-x scroll 0 -72px #2A2A2A; }[/code] nav-sprite-black.png is actually the blue image (which I assume you overwrote since it's blue and not black).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.