Sign in to follow this  
carldavaz

Default layout: How to set, or override, the default?

carldavaz
layout-settings.png Is there any way I can override the above settings (Global Content Width, Main Column Width, Sidebar1 Width and Content Percent) via functions.php? It would be cool to override those default settings programatically and then have those values reflect in the admin (screenshot above). Thanks! Micky

mackenzie
The photo isn't showing...If possible please type which settings the photo is referring.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

carldavaz
Doh! Sorry, it's back. Basically I'm wondering if the default layouts can be manipulated via code to replace the current default layouts. :)

catrina
I believe you can change widths of elements in your layout using CSS (even though this may not be the most elegant solution) and they'll override the values in the Layout Editor. You can't use both at the same time (it's either one or the other).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

carldavaz
Thanks Catrina! If I find a PHP way of doing, I will post back here. It's not a huge deal. I just have 15 sites that I would like to have the same layout... I like using the default value, so it would be nice to have the ability to have the templates "initialize" with those values in the admin (whilst retaining the ability to be overridden via the PageLines GUI). CSS is not a bad solution though! :) Thanks again, you are a life saver. Cheers, Micky