Sign in to follow this  
carldavaz

PageLines Framework: "PageLines Customize" plugin & multisite bug?

carldavaz

Hello, I have a WP multi-site setup where all sites are using the PageLines theme by default. In the Network Admin, I have "network activated" the "PageLines Customize" plugin. In doing so, the plugin does not show on any of the other site's plugin pages, only the Network Admin (which is perfect... I like having only one location to edit these files). So, I add the below code to the pagelines-customize/style.css file:

/* ============================== */
	/* = Start Your Custom CSS Here = */
	/* ============================== */
	html, body { background-color: red !important; }

The above CSS works on all of my multi-sites except the main "default" site. Is this by design? Maybe I am doing something wrong? Any tips on how to fix? Thanks! Micky

Simon
The style.css and functions.php goes in a special folder: pagelines-customize/blogs/##/ where ## is the id number of the blog, so every site has a separate set of files.

carldavaz
Hi Simon! Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate the help. :) [quote]The style.css and functions.php goes in a special folder: pagelines-customize/blogs/##/ where ## is the id number of the blog, so every site has a separate set of files.[/quote] Interesting. So, my understanding of the PageLines Customize plugin is that I wouldn't have to touch those files via FTP. When I go to "edit" the plugin's files via the WP Network Admin plugins section, I see a list of files that I can edit: [quote]Plugin Files pagelines-customize/style.css pagelines-customize/page.base.php pagelines-customize/functions.php pagelines-customize/pagelines-customize.php[/quote] Note: The PageLines Customize plugin is network activated, and only the Network Admin shows the plugin as something I can edit; none of the other network sites show the plugin (again, just wondering if this is by design. I would prefer this because I can edit the theme's files in on location vs. having to edit 15 locations). When I add the CSS from my original post to the CSS customize file, then that CSS works on all of my sites (which is perfect!) except of the default "blog" site. I guess your feedback would make more sense to me if the CSS I put into the CSS customize file only worked on my default site (or not at all); and if each network site had its own PageLines Customize plugin for me to edit. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) it's the other way around. I must be missing something (obvious)? I am new to WP and PageLines, so I would not doubt that I am doing something wrong. On the other hand, maybe the plugin is not multi-site compatible? Thanks! Micky

carldavaz
Or, wait a minute, are you saying that I need to add those files manually? Why does the CSS file work for all sites (except for the default site) if each site has it's own set of files? Should I have installed the PageLines customize plugin on a per/site basis, rather than installing it via the network admin? I really like having the ability to edit the files via the network admin; in fact, it would be perfect if my main default site took on the styles also (I have not tested function.php).

carldavaz
For what it's worth: I just added the below code to "pagelines-customize/functions.php" via the PageLines Customize plugin in the WP Network Admin. [code]remove_action('wp_head', 'wp_generator');[/code] It removes the meta tag "generator" from the source code in all blog sites except my default/main one.

carldavaz
Simon, I just realized that you are the developer of this plugin! Thanks so much for cool plugin! :)

carldavaz
Hi Catrina! I think I am good for now. I just thought that there was a bug with the plugin, but it's probably something specific to my multisite setup. Sorry if I caused any alarm. Thanks all! Cheers, Micky