Sign in to follow this  
sglanville

Full-Width Page Option not working

sglanville

I am currently using the most recent version of Platform Pro. I need just one specific page to show in full-width without sidebars. I have changed the settings at the bottom of that particular page to show full-width and have even tried to hide the sidebar1 and sidebar2. I looked through the forum and found reference to CSS changes-no help. Would you please explain why the full-width option at the bottom of particular page doesn't change it? and if CSS is needed would you please forward that code and I will enter in the page#. Thank you.

Rob
Hi, Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Sidebar Options and check the option under "Remove Default Sidebars When Empty". Save and the site should work. As to the "why" part, a div remains in place of the sidebar in case you wish to reactivate the sidebar unless you opt to remove the div by checking the box to hide the sidebars when empty. It's a space holder precaution.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sglanville
I made the changes suggested above with no change to the page layout. Hiding the sidebars had no impact either way. So I poked around the css and found that #post-10844{width: 970px;} in the custom code looks good in Chrome and Safari, but makes no difference in IE and Firefox. div.mcolumn-pad{width: 970px;} looks good in all of the browsers, but creates problems on other pages. I wished I knew css a little better, because this seems to be where the solution lies. BTW this is PlatformPro 1.5.3 and PlatformBase 1.4.1

MrFent
Is this what you said you tried to do before posting this thread & it didn't work? http://youtu.be/n4PHM6zW_Yc

sglanville
Yes, exactly. I wish it would have been as easy as the video you stated. Here is the link to the page I have been working on http://bebetsy.com/recipe-gallery/. Thanks!

sglanville
#post-10844{width: 970px;} in the custom code looks good in Chrome and Safari, but makes no difference in IE and Firefox. Thanks!

catrina
Try adding this code instead: [code]body.page-id-10844 #post-10844 {width: 970px !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sglanville
My vote is everyone stop using anything but Chrome ;) OK, so that's not going to happen :D Your css works in Chrome and Safari, but not IE and Firefox. The only css that I've found that works with all of the browsers is: div.mcolumn-pad {width: 970px;} BUT, that messes up all of the posts that should only be 500px wide.

catrina
[code]div.mcolumn-pad {width: 970px;}[/code] @sglanville The code above can be adjusted to only work for certain posts, but I'm not sure if it would be the most elegant solution since it may need to be adjusted over and over again.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sglanville
Well, that was interesting . . . . Nothing was working the way it should so in frustration ~X( I deleted all of the custom css from pagelines and posted just the one line, body.page-id-10844 #post-10844 {width: 970px !important;} and it worked on all browsers! Finally, I was on to something. To better look at the css I put it into Dreamweaver and formatted the code. When I pasted this newly formatted, but otherwise unchanged, css back into pagelines everything continued to work. I have no explanation. :-S