Sign in to follow this  
msoal

Feature Slider fully clickable

msoal

Hi, Could somebody please walk me through the process how to make the feature slider clickable. So far I tried coding provided in article http://adammunns.com/create-a-fullwidth-clickable-feature-slider/ - there is no effect whatsoever. I have seen Catarina recommending using Post Types Order plugin for that - but I have no idea how would I use it.. site http://executive-solutions.cz/

Danny
Hi, Those instructions are for Platform Pro, our legacy framework. You have posted your question in the PageLines Framework forum category, therefore I'm assuming you have PageLines Framework and not Platform Pro. To create a fully clickable feature slider, simply create or edit a slider, then use the following options: [b]Feature Text Position[/b] - Full Width Background Image - No Text - Links Entire BG [b]Feature Link URL[/b] - Simply enter a link pointing to where you wish the slider to link too. Save your settings and refresh your website, the feature slider should now be fully clickable.

Please search our forums, before posting!

msoal
Hi Danny, Thanks for getting back to me with the full background image option. It makes the feature slider images clickable, however it does not allow any visible headline and excerpt in the black field at the bottom of the picture.. :( It was one of the main reasons for choosing pagelines so I am not really keen on loosing this function. [i]Is there any possibility to make the feature slider clickable with Feature Text Position - Text on Bottom setting[/i] Thanks.

catrina
I don't know if it's possible to allow the visible headline and excerpt in the slide, but one workaround would be to make the text and black field apart of the background image by mimicking the look of the text with black overlay in Photoshop (making the entire slide an image). I don't know of any other elegant way.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

msoal
Hi Catrina, I actually thought abut that workaround too, still I was hoping that there would be somebody with a better solution for this case.. Thanks for your help anyway.

mary_servello@nps.gov
Surely there's a more elegant solution to this problem and rather a commonly requested feature.