Sign in to follow this  
raezerj

Custom social icons - question re alignment

raezerj

Hello! I have added custom social icons to our site (http://www.approachguides.com/) using the functions.php instructions here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16343/header-questions-ad-placement-social-icons-move/p1 Very helpful! A few questions: 1. The social group seems to be aligned with the top of the logo. Is it possible to align it with the middle of the logo? 2. Although the rest of the homepage appears mobile optimized on an iPhone, the social group is waaay over to the right. Any way to adjust this and have it drop below the logo? 3. I know I should know this but do you know how I can get rid of that ugly white shine on the Sign Up button? Thanks!

mackenzie
For the repositioning of the social icons have you tried adjusting the top to move the element down? Use FireFox with FireBug installed (http://getfirebug.com/) and you should be able to highlight the social section to find the following code which you can modify. For example: [code]
[/code] For mobile positioning...try disabling mobile optimized view and see how it looks.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

raezerj
The repositioning suggestion worked perfectly -- thanks, Mackenzie. As for the mobile...I could disable it, but that's not ideal. The standard icons that came with the template would readjust along with the rest of the site when viewed on a mobile device. Do you know how I could do that with this group?

mackenzie
Do you have the exact code and link for the social icons that you used to place on your site? This will help us narrow down what might be going on.

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

mackenzie
You may need some customized CSS that I don't know and may need a Pro. I recommend visiting http://www.pagelines.com/pros and asking for a quote

raezerj
Yes, here is the code, which I put the code in pagelines-customize/functions.php (It's pretty long given the mailchimp functions) To remove the social icons, I deleted the URLs from within the Pagelines Settings and unticked the "Show RSS" option. [code]/* // ==================================================== // = YOUR FUNCTIONS - Where you should add your code = // ==================================================== */ add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'mailchimp'); function mailchimp(){?>

mackenzie
Are the social icons appearing on correctly now on the iPhone with the above code?

raezerj
No, they are still way far off to the right (you have to scroll to see them). The rest of the site looks normal and within the confines of the iPhone screen size.

Rob
Hi Raezerj, Mackenzie was correct. You'll need a pro to customize that. We're not capable of customizing quite that far via the forum, particularly for iPhone. I suspect there's simply a missing div needed in there, with some particular code for iOS that we just won't know. One of our Pros should be able to find a quick solution for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we have some limits to our support capabilities in a forum setting.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

raezerj
I understand. I get a ton of help here, so no problem. Thanks for all the responses!

mackenzie
You're welcome! Be sure to visit our Pros page at http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ for suggestions.