Sign in to follow this  
cbitner

Carousel / NextGen Linked images

cbitner

I Am using iBlogPro4 Anyone know if it's possible to use the Carousel to bring in a NextGen Gallery and then use those thumbnails in the Carousel as hyperlinks to go where-ever you want them to? (ie. other pages, posts, any http:// link) I tried this suggestion, but it didn't seem to do the trick - I think it is outdated. http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/how-to-link-nextgen-gallery-images-to-an-individual-page-or-post-in-wordpress/ Any advice or solution would be greatly appreciated.

cbitner

Yes - I did exactly what it said in that link you posted. Step by step, slowly checking.... However, I think it may stem from another problem... I remember seeing somewhere on my many menus in wordpress something about how I could activate it so that all images I click on come up in another window. (there's an automatic link that occurs). I am wondering if that could be why the image is getting over-riden by opening up in another window instead of sending me to my link? The only problem is I have searched through my blog and can't seem to find where I turn it off. Maybe it's late..... Any hints so I can try that?

cmunns

Okay, so the instruction in the link work, but the problem is that the theme calls the gallery in a separate file. Basically you'll have to look through your theme files to where EcoPro calls nextgen and edit the same bit of code there. If you're on the most recent version it would be in a separate folder called nggallery.

cbitner

Did you mean to say iBlogPro4 (instead of Eco Pro).... I assume you did. You lost me on that post anyways. Maybe this is over my skill level.....

cmunns

Can you look at your theme files and see if there is a nggallery folder?