Sign in to follow this  
gregoryj77

Frustrated, need to finish branding section

gregoryj77

Hello all, I'm almost done with my site (www.berkeley-therapist.com) and would love some help in doing some minimal customization for the branding section. I have a couple pieces of information and I don't know how they fit together. Will someone accept a smallish sum through paypal to spend 15 minutes to help me put this together?!--I'm really frustrated with trying to get this information piecemeal. This is the first site I've ever done. I think I did ok with it. I need help to KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO PASTE INTO THE CUSTOM CSS SECTION. Please. Ok, so here's what I have: PIECE ONE--the hook: // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'branding_title_section'); // function name function branding_title_section(){ ***I thought PHP went here, but... PIECE TWO: "div" stuff: [from the moderator Catrina] "I don't think you need PHP to create the text box you're trying to add to the section. For the text you have so far, you need to put it inside a DIV layer (to add styling to it), so that it looks like this:

Berkeley Therapist XXXX XXXXX, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by XXXX XXXX, LMFT #35754
This CSS (added to Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS) can be used to style it: div.branding-info {font-size: #px;} _____________ I would like to just put my brand icon (the little tree graphic) on the left, and to the right of the tree put three lines of good looking and appropriately sized text (bigger than they are now, with the title -- Berkeley Therapist -- being slightly bigger than the next two lines: Berkeley Therapist Xxxx Xxxxx, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by Xxxx Xxxx, LMFT #35754 Have "Berkeley Therapist" in a different font and larger size from the other lines. What you are seeing up there now in the branding section is a modification of a "Callout" section. Thank you thank you thank you!

Rob
I can understand your frustration and thoroughly apologize for any confusion. Let me begin with the choice of a Callout. It's not my favorite for this sort of thing for the simple reason that it's rather pre-structured with little flexibility to be customized as you wish. My recommendation: go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > Header and place the Branding section where you now have the callout. Now let's tackle the functions.php in an easier way. Where you believe you could add PHP you can, but in this case you don't need to. However, you do need to close one level of PHP before you re-open it, so that your text falls within the break. I'd suggest replacing the hook with: [code]add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'branding_addressinfo'); // function name function branding_addressinfo(){ ?>
Berkeley Therapist
XXXX XXXXX, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509
Supervised by XXXX XXXX, LMFT #35754
and re-opened it after your content is added. In the second span, change Arial,sans-serif to any font choice you wish, however, if you use one of the built in fonts (strongly recommended) and it's a multiple word font, like Reenie Beenie, put it in quotes, as shown in the previous span. Also, change the font size in em to whatever your preference may be. If you do not wish the name info (second span) to be bold, simply remove "font-weight:bold;" Then, in your CSS, all you need is: [code]div.addressinfo {float: right; text-align:left;}[/code] Make the text alignment anything you wish (left, right, center are the options). Now, with regard to your logo (the tree) just go to Dashboard > PageLines > Website Setup and upload your image under Custom Header Image and save your settings. Why did I go this route? Well, you have a need to use different fonts in what is essentially some text which needed to have specific styling. Since it's unlikely to change, you might as well have it built into the hook. We could wrap each line in a div too, if you prefer, then move the styling to CSS Rules. The br / tags break the lines and make sure the content is on its own line, resulting in three, as requested. I hope this works well for you. Keep us posted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gregoryj77
Thank you so much Rangelone! That's exactly what I needed. If you look at the site (www.berkeley-therapist.com) you can see that the changes are up there. Is there a way to finesse it a bit more so that there is a bit more space between Berkeley Therapist and the next two lines? And I was playing with text alignment--is there any way to have the text closer to the tree logo and down a bit, closer to the navigation? If I do "float left" it goes underneath the tree picture. If I do "float center" it goes above the tree. Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Rob
Okay, let's edit the CSS Rules just a bit to: [code]div.addressinfo { display: inline; float: right; margin-left: 200px; margin-top: 45px; width: 450px; }[/code]

Rob
Looks like you've aced it! Glad that's worked for you. By the way, for future reference, for some strange reason, no one ever wrote code for float:center. I don't know why, but many wish someone had.