Sign in to follow this  
manu1011

carousel, does not show post images

manu1011

i want to show a carousel on a page that shows single images from a certain category of posts. the carousel is shown, but the respective images don't appear. tried out many different settings according to research in the forums. can't solve it. thanks for your help. what can i send you, to explain the problem better? manuela

manu1011
thats the url to my webiste: vanillaway.net but i am hiding the page with the empty carousel right now...

Jenny
PlatformPro -> Carousel Settings. Carousel Image Mode: Post Featured Images Carousel - Post Category Name: Enter category slug You also must have featured images in each post or it will have nothing to display.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

manu1011
hello jenny. the settings are correct, and there are featured images in all 8 articles und the related category name. spellings are all correct...

Danny
Can you provide us with a link to the page with the Carousel on please, so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

manu1011
hello danny, yes, here you go: http://vanillaway.net/?page_id=852&lang=de

Danny
Hi Mano, When viewing this page you have the following error: Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... This means your settings are not correct, as there is no content in the Carousel. To resolve the issue, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages and select the page in question. Then scroll down to the bottom, to the PageLines Meta Settings and click the Carousel settings Panel, then select the correct category and fill out the settings, save settings and then refresh page. It should now work.

manu1011
hello danny, thank you. though i did this several times. my settings are set: - number of carousel items: 4 (i tried different numbers already) - post thumbnails - next gen: there i put nothing - category written as set for the post category, correct spelling under posts there are 8 posts set in that category, all contain a featured image. any further ideas? thank you, greetings from berlin manuela

manu1011
hello, anyone out there who has further ideas? merci manuela

manu1011
hello platformpro team. i did not get any response yet to my request above! thanks for getting back to me soon! manuela

Danny
Hi Manu, Can you please send me a PM with admin account details please so I can take a closer look.

Jenny
For "Carousel - Post Category Name" you need to enter the category SLUG. Can you make sure you have done this? This slug can be found by visiting WP -> Posts -> Categories. Find the category you want to appear in your carousel, then click edit. Copy what is in the "slug" box and then paste it exactly in PlatformPro -> Carousel Settings -> Carousel - Post Category Name.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
Also, the reason no one answered your other questions is because you clicked "accept" on an answer. This tells our support team that you no longer need assistance. :)

manu1011
thank you, simple ma. i managed to fix it! the reason it did not work was in fact a wrong category slug name. before i just enterde the category name "vanilla net", in fact the slug name is "vanilla-net-2".