Sign in to follow this  
gregoryj77

PHP help for branding section

gregoryj77

Hello all, I'm almost done with my site and would love some help in doing some minimal customization for the branding section. I have pieced together that the hook I need is this: // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'branding_title_section'); // function name function branding_title_section(){ Then after the bracket I need my PHP I think. But I have no idea what to put! I would be incredibly appreciative if someone could walk me through this. The site is www.berkeley-therapist.com. I would like to just put my brand icon (the little tree graphic) on the left, and to the right of the tree put three lines of good looking and appropriately sized text: Berkeley Therapist Xxxx Xxxxx, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by Xxxx Xxxx, LMFT #35754 Maybe have "Berkeley Therapist" in a different font and larger size from the other lines. What you are seeing up there now in the branding section is a modification of a "callout" section. Thank you thank you thank you! Greg

catrina
I don't think you need PHP to create the text box you're trying to add to the section. For the text you have so far, you need to put it inside a DIV layer (to add styling to it), so that it looks like this: [code]
Berkeley Therapist Xxxx Xxxxx, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by Xxxx Xxxx, LMFT #35754
[/code] This CSS (added to Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS) can be used to style it: [code]div.branding-info {font-size: #px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gregoryj77
Thank you Catrina! So I would put that after the bracket? And then I would need a closing bracket? Also, using that addition for styling, would I be able to style the first line "Berkeley Therapist" different than the other two?

gregoryj77
Ok, this is frustrating. I don't know exactly what to put in the custom code section. Do I put this?: // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'branding_title_section'); // function name function branding_title_section(){
Berkeley Therapist Xxxx Xxxxx, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by Xxxx Xxxx, LMFT #35754
div.branding-info {font-size: #px;}

gregoryj77
When I messed with the custom code before the entire site crashed so I want to be sure of what I'm putting please. Thanks for your help!

Jenny
You can't put PHP in the Custom Code -> Custom CSS section. That is for CSS only. Catrina mentioned above that you would even need the function, so you should just be able to use this... Wherever you have: [code]Berkeley Therapist Xxxx Xxxxx, MFT Registered Intern, IMF#68509 Supervised by Xxxx Xxxx, LMFT #35754[/code] Change it to: [code]
[/code] And then add this to Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code]div.branding-info {font-size: #px;}[/code] Note: the CSS above does not have a font size, it just says #px. You need to add a number for #, whatever size you want the text to be.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.