Sign in to follow this  
joshcloud9

Is Platform the right choice? and Italics causing problems!

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9

Hi there, I am using Pagelines Platform 1.4.2 free edition for a very simple site. First question is, is this the best one to use, for this simple site? http://cliffordirving.com/ ------------------- 2nd question: I am having an issue with italics, I found the answer via email support but got to a dead end and was directed here... See: http://cliffordirving.com/12for2012 Bottom of this page for an example see, search for "There will be No italics above!" -- It is pale blue so is not readily visible. -------------------------------------- CSS style: h1 em, h2 em, h3 em, h4 em, h5 em, h6 em, #nav em { font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; You will want to make text-transform = none for the text to show up correctly. >>> This setting is not available for the free version. And currently, until the site is making money, as it's so simple I intend to stay on the free version (for the time being). I could hack the CSS setting but that is not a good way to do it. Any ideas will be super helpful, thanks.

Simon    247
Simon
Create a child theme: http://www.google.ie/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=wordpress+child+theme+howto

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9
Hello there, Thank you! I tried this for my child there: Am I missing something? I used body tg is that correct? ----------------- /* Theme Name: Plat-child Description: Plat-child Author: admin Template: platform (optional values you can add: Theme URI, Author URI, Version) */ @import url("../platform/style.css"); body { text-transform: none; }

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9
ps. I tried this too: html, body, div, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, ul, ol, dl, li, dt, dd, p, pre, table, th, td, tr { text-transform: none; }

Simon    247
Simon
You have to activate the child theme.

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9
I did that and it did some strange reversal thing, Italics were everywhere. I disabled Google fonts. No difference. This site page and others (but not the front page) all have this strange behavior?

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9
OK I used this and it cured the problem sort of...But now all normal paragraph text is italics? h1 em, h2 em, h3 em, h4 em, h5 em, h6 em, #nav em { text-transform: none; }

joshcloud9    0
joshcloud9
I think I have fixed it. Strange how this behavior arose in the first place. I reset the theme back to default and was able to cure with child theme. Thanks!