Sign in to follow this  
thomstark

Vertical Centering the Entire Site

thomstark

Hi, I asked this several months ago and wasn't able to find an answer. I want my entire site centered vertically so that for people with large desktop resolutions it isn't stuck at the top of their screens. Here's my website: http://notetoselfmovie.com/ If you have a large desktop resolution, you'll see that the main image is at the top. I would like to be able to vertically align-center the entire content of the site. I just haven't been able to figure out how. If you solve this problem for me, I'll love you forever. Thanks in advance, T

catrina
The site looks to be vertically aligned center already on Firefox. Which browser are you using to view the site? Or maybe I'm just not understanding what exactly you're looking for...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thomstark
No, it's not unfortunately. I'm using Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE. It is aligned-center horizontally, but not vertically. of course, if your desktop resolution isn't that big, it will fill up most of the screen, giving the appearance that it is center-aligned vertically.

thomstark
Hold down ctrl and use your mouse-scroll and you'll see what I mean.

Rob
Thom, I see your site is in PlatformPro. PageLines Framework has a built in configuration to keep a background static while the content moves above in layers. I'm not sure if that would help you. Unfortunately, I can't find any specific means of ensuring how different size monitors will view the site. That's really a customization that a Pro should handle.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thomstark
Yeah, I mean in the olden days I'd just wrap the entire html site in a div or a table and vertically align-center the div/table by a valign=center or 50% command. That way it's always in the center of the page, regardless of desktop resolution. I'm not trying to customize it to each different desktop resolution. There should be some simple code to do this that I'm overlooking.

Rob
Thom, just because I'm unfamiliar with the solution, doesn't mean one of my colleagues might not have a solution. Let's leave this open and see if Danny or Jenny have an idea on this topic.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thomstark
OK. Thanks for that. I just didn't want to be a nuisance. :)

jennajonesdesign
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am hoping to do the same thing.