Sign in to follow this  
pehja

Cant hide feature on page

pehja

I am playing around with this framework. And since there is no tutorial on how it works, I have to play around and ask silly questions. I have a guest book with comments in one of my sites. Wordpress generates the guest book and it has always worked fine in other themes. But since this is not a theme and the structure in PageLine is somewhat different. It does not work. In order to se the comments I think I have to hide the feature. But no matter how many time I check the box to hide the feature it simply won't. Guestbook generates a template. But PageLine doesn't seem to recognize this as a template. So how will I get my comments to appear on the site ? Anyone who does not need a tutorial to figure this out.

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

cybersphere
Hi Peter, Q1/ is your site live? If so please provide your web address. Q2/ when you say, 'feature', are you referring to the feature slider with photos and text on to of the page? If so, have you been to that page and scrolled down to Meta section and disabled feature? Paul

pehja
Hi Paul! !. Yes it's live. But not as a main page. But you can visit here http://peterhjalmarsson.se/blogg/guestbook/ 2. yes I have tried to... This is exactly what doesn't work! No matter how many times I uncheck that checkbox! It still there.

Pehja Production.png

catrina
[quote]I have a guest book with comments in one of my sites. Wordpress generates the guest book and it has always worked fine in other themes. But since this is not a theme and the structure in PageLine is somewhat different. It does not work. [/quote] Is this generated using a plugin? I've never heard of or seen it before.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

pehja
http://www.alleba.com/blog/2006/09/21/wordpress-guestbook-generator-plugin/ Now you have!

Pehja Production.png

Simon
That plugin was created 6 years ago for wordpress 2.0 It simply creates a page with commenting, which is part of wordpress anyway. What are you trying to achieve?

pehja
I am trying to achive a guestbook. I have comments that i want to have vissible. I can remove the plugin. But i want to save my comments.

Pehja Production.png

Jenny
Do the comments show up in Wordpress -> Comments?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

pehja
Yes!

Pehja Production.png

Jenny
Disable the guestbook plugin and then visit Wordpress -> Settings -> Discussion and make sure you don't have comments disabled or set to be disabled after X amount of days.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

pehja
Jenny, I did that but still no comments that shows..

Pehja Production.png

pehja
It is enabled.

Pehja Production.png

pehja
No

Pehja Production.png

pehja
Yes I did that in the quest of the other issue with Cform. How ever this did not fix anything. This is not a big del. I will get rid of the comments and start a new guest book. But for sure there are some issues with PageLine that I did not hop for.

Pehja Production.png

catrina
Okay, hopefully starting a new guest book would be best. Let us know if you need further help.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse