Sign in to follow this  
mmunger

Adding a Twitter button under post info?

mmunger

Hi everyone, I have the first generation of PlatformPro on my site, with the latest WordPress. I wonder how I could add a Twitter button right under the typical "post info" that lists the post creator and the date of posting, before the first paragraph shows. Here is a typical post in which I'd like to do it: http://www.fcbayerncentral.com/2012/02/massive-failure-bayern-freiburg/ Should I change something in the theme, or does it have to be done in the WordPress files?

Rob
The normal method would be to edit the template files found in the wp-content/themes/platformpro folder on your local computer then upload them to wp-content/themes/platformbase (presuming you have PlatformBase activated (the correct setup). An alternate method, but one I've not tested, would be to go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and from the drop down list, select Single Post Content Area. Drag over the Content Sidebar to the left, positioning it to where you want it to appear on the posts. Save. Then, via Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets, include any plugin widget or a shortcode (via text widget) to the Content Sidebar. The good part of this method is that it's most easy to un-do if it doesn't work. Just reverse everything.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
I'm so happy that worked!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur