Sign in to follow this  
kylejameskinnear

Feature Slider not showing multiple Blog Posts

kylejameskinnear

Well, I tried looking around to see if I could find any sort of answer to this question and I couldn't locate anything. Basically I'm trying to have a feature slider that shows recent blog posts, should be no problem right? Well, I've got it working just fine when I only have ONE blog post. As soon as I make a second one, it defaults to a feature slider that shows all my "features" from my home page, not my "posts". You can check out what I'm trying to do on www.wootstudios.com on the news page. Please help me! I'm extremely frustrated haha!

kylejameskinnear
Yes. A separate blog post entirely. I'd like to make the feature slider rotate through the most recent posts.

kylejameskinnear
Framework, I'm trying to develop a custom theme over it using the developer kit.

catrina
In the PageLines > Special > Features settings there is a way to select a post category that will show in the slider. Is that the setting you've selected?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kylejameskinnear
Yes. In the features tab I have the appropriate selections made to use Post Category, and the posts themselves are in the correct category as well. When I have any more than one post in the category, it defaults to using the features I have created, rather than using the posts.

kylejameskinnear
I tried to debug just through trial and error, and here's a basic summary of the error I'm having. - (1) Post in News Category, Feature Slider works and shows the individual item. - Add additional post to News Category. - (2) Posts in News Category, Feature Slider defaults to Feature Items, not Posts. - Delete additional post from News Category. - (1) Post in News Category, Feature Slider works and shows the individual item. Hope this helps.

catrina
Thanks for the insight. In which type of page is the Feature Slider set up? Did you select "Blog Page" in the Special settings or something else?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kylejameskinnear
Indeed, I set up the blog page as the "News" page, and it is properly showing that on my admin toolbar. I'm at a loss for what exactly is wrong with it, it seems odd that an additional post would cause the feature slider to default to a different type of setting.

kylejameskinnear
Additionally, I have set the Feature slider as part of the "Content" area for the Blog Page. IE - The "Page Template" for the Blog is only using the content section. Then I have selected the "Content Area" for the Blog to use the feature slider.

kylejameskinnear
Deactivated plugins. (Base Plugin, Pagelines Customize, Pagelines Sections) Had no effect, Feature Slider is still defaulting to Feature Items rather than Posts.

catrina
Try deleting the default feature items to see what happens. Also, try creating a different category with posts and setting that one up as the feature slider post category.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kylejameskinnear
I tried doing this and still no fix. I've cleared all the content from my site and I'm going to try reconfiguring everything. Wow, talk about frustrating.

Rob
Kyle, which timezone are you in? I'm in EST. Let's try to schedule a screen sharing session so I can help you figure this out. I notice however that you are using Host Gator and many of our clients have had some difficulties with the way their servers are setup. We'll deal with that after we've looked into this issue together, if that's okay with you. Let me know a time you might be available Monday.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kylejameskinnear
I'm usually not available until nights as I work a full-time job. I do however have Friday off, I will be around all day trying to work through some things. Perhaps we could work through it at that point in time? I went as far as to reset everything on HostGator / Re-install WordPress / Re-install Framework.

Rob
Friday morning is fine for me. What timezone are you in?

talynsdesigners
Hi there, Could you please add the outcome to this back to the thread as I seem to be in exactly the same position. If I put a feature slider on the home page, and then set it to "all posts" or "posts category" mode I either get no results or only one post showing when there are many that fit the criteria. I am using pagelines 2.0 Thanks Ben

Rob
Ben as soon as we have some answers, we'll post them here.

kylejameskinnear
Sorry I was unable to get access earlier, ended up having to work. Perhaps we can work through this tomorrow? I am still having issue getting the posts to show up in a feature slider, regardless of everything I have done.

kylejameskinnear
This is absolutely a bug, I am extremely disappointed with the fact that I cannot properly select templates using the "Page" icon, despite being able to format the said template using the "Pagelines - Templates" link. IE - I can format what appears on BLOG but I can't actually select to load Blog.

kylejameskinnear
Thank you, I've abandoned even attempting to use this feature at this point. I've wasted too much time trying to get it to function. I would however be interested to know if I am doing anything wrong.

Simon
I'll show you how to set it up, if you email me simon at pagelines dot com.