Sign in to follow this  
Jackey

Social Surf Menu vs Safari & iPad

Jackey

I have the Social Surf installed on my site, and have the problem that after a - seemingly random - number if clicks in Safari (mac), the icons and submenu's don't show anymore. The page does not produce any errors. Firefox or Chrome don't show problems at all. The drop down submenu's never show on an iPad.

Rob
EDITED: reply removed.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey
Okay, but for me this also raises questions like if the sections - that were released in the last few days - fall subject to any testing whatsoever.

Rob
Jackey, I'll bring this to Simon's attention promptly. I could well be wrong. It just seems rather odd that things happen on Mac but not on Windows versions of the same browser. I'm sure you understand my thinking.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
[code]Okay, but for me this also raises questions like if the sections - that were released in the last few days - fall subject to any testing whatsoever.[/code] Social surf menu was released on Jan 5 2012 over 1 month ago, it does not even use any jquery plugins. Please post a bug report http://www.pagelines.com/tracking/ for this section and the author will get notified automatically.

Jackey
Okay Simon, will do. Thanks! I'm a bit confused though: - Maybe it was released january fifth (somewhere), it however popped up only 3 or 4 days ago in the store. - I never mentioned jQuery was involved.

Simon
Jackey while your at it can you 'star' this issue http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework/issues/11 so you are watching it, im going to post another possible fix shortly.

Jackey
Already done that. (I think it's good practice to follow my issues :) )

Simon
It was posted by 'guest user' though so it may not work. New bugs require logged in users now.

Jackey
Will check from time to time...

Jackey
Regarding the menu problem on iPad: The support of tactile devices (iPad) was considered a new feature. :-O Filed a feature request: [url="http://www.pagelines.com/tracking/socialsurfmenu/issues/3"]Support of tactile devices[/url] [b]please vote![/b]