Sign in to follow this  
stylestruck

"Previous Posts" Navigation Not Working

stylestruck

My "previous posts" button's navigation seems to be broken. The page just re-loads as the main page again showing the already viewed content. I do have enough posts (about 800) to warrant viewing previous posts. I haven't got a clue what to do next. Please help!

Rob
May we have a link to your site? We'll be happy to look into this. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nimmersatt
Hi, I am afraid I have the same problem. The "previous post" link is not showing. But it is crucial for my site. Don't know what to do now ... I am using PageLines Pro, here is the link to my site: http://florianschmidt.co/portraits/ I have already tried to change the permalink structure and I also tried to switch of all plugins to see if there is a conflict. Did not help. Can anyone help? Thx, Florian

Danny
Hi, Do you have the Post/Page Pagination section enabled on Blog Page, Category, etc... You add can drag and drop this section by going to PageLines > Templates > Click on Content Area (so it highlights blue) and then select the template i.e Blog Page, Category etc... The simply drag and drop the Post/Page Pagination section to the Active Sections. Also do you have [url="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-pagenavi/"]WP-PageNavi[/url] enabled ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

nimmersatt
Hi Danny, thanks for the quick response. Yes, I have WP-PageNavi activated and I also have the Post/Page Pagination activated everywhere. Also, I don't use any custom code at the moment. I really have no idea where the problem is??¦ I noticed one weired bug though (most likely not related, but who knows??¦): In the "Blog And Post" section of the settings, I was trying to get rid of the metabar. There, I deleted the lines in "Configure Full Width Post Metabar" & "Configure Clip Metabar", but it seems like there has to be something in there so I now went for a "." But for some reason, playing around with the metabar (also in the custom code section) affected the background color and the logo in the brand section. Both flipped back to a much older choice that I had made before... Sorry, I don't want to complicate things, my only real problem is that the previous post link is invisible. Any other idea what could help with that? Many thanks, Florian

catrina
What happens if you try deactivating WP-PageNavi, leaving Post/Page Pagination activated, and deactivating all other active plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nimmersatt
unfortunately, that does not work either??¦ the previous post link remains invisible :-(

catrina
And deactivating all active plugins doesn't work either? (Just want to make sure you've already tried that, too)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse