Sign in to follow this  
glynt

remove space on blog page

Rob
Glyn, Do you have Firebug for Firefox? It's a great tool for identifying the CSS and testing it. You might try something like this: [code].hentry-pad { padding: 0 15px 2px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

glynt
Hi Rangelone, Many thanks for your reply. I do have Firebug and found the same CSS selector (hentry-pad). I have tried it as .hentry-pad and #hentry-pad and used commands such as padding, padding-top, margin, margin-top etc... I have also tried using "!important" but all to no avail.... Many thanks, Glyn

glynt
Hi Catrina, Yes, that's right - under the Pagelines settings section. Cheers, Glyn

Danny
Hi Glyn, Are you having issue with your website at the moment, I am having difficulty loading the page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

glynt
Hi Danny, Well, it would seem I am! Many thanks for letting me know, I am waiting to hear from the hosting company to find out what the problem is... Cheers, Glyn

glynt
Hi Danny, I'm up and running again... any help or advice much appreciated! Cheers, Glyn

glynt
Hi Catrina, Thanks for your message. Your suggestion kind of works... but not completely. It seems to lessen the gap at the top of the posts on all but the first two half-width ones.... And unfortunately using "margin-bottom" doesn't seem to work with lessening the gap at the bottom... Any other ideas? Many thanks, Glyn

Jenny
instead of specifying top, bottom, etc, you may want to consider specifying everything, such as: [code]padding: 1px 2px 3px 4px;[/code] The order of the numbers is padding-top, padding-right, padding-bottom, padding-left.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

glynt
Hi Simple_mama, Thanks for your message... but no luck I'm afraid. I'm afraid it works for all sides (using "margin" instead of "padding") except for the bottom.... Perhaps I have to use a different CSS selector to target the bottom? But if so I can't work out what... Many thanks, Glyn

Jenny
You eliminated all padding/margin between the clip-box rows. The other padding you are speaking of is within each clip itself. You had it right originally when you were looking at .hentry-pad. This is the CSS you need to change: [code].hentry-pad { padding: 0 10px 25px; }[/code] (currently it is 0px top padding, 10px right AND left padding, 25px bottom padding)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

glynt
Hi again... Many thanks, it works perfectly in Safari but not in Firefox or Chrome.... I have tried adding "!important" but without luck... and I have emptied the caches in each browser.... Is there anyway to get it to work in the other browsers?? Many thanks, Glyn

Jenny
I inspected your CSS and don't see an .hentry-pad element. Are you sure you saved?

glynt
I just saved again to be sure... I can see the 'hentry-pad in Firebug, but it gives the old values... This is the code I have added, whihc is working in Safari: [code]div.clip_box {margin: 5px 0px 0px 0px !important; padding: 5px 0px 0px 0px !important;} .hentry-pad {padding: 0 10px 0px !important; margin-bottom: -10px!important; }[/code] Many thanks.... again! Glyn

Jenny
I only see: [code]div.clip_box { margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; }[/code] Find that, erase it (as well as the .hentry-pad) and replace it with: [code]#postloop .clip_box { margin: 5px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 5px 0px 0px 0px; } #postloop .hentry-pad { margin: 0 0 -10px 0; padding: 0 10px 0px; }[/code] When something doesn't take affect (and to not have to use !important), you need to find the parent ID item, which in this case #postloop works. :) Try the above and let me know how it works.

glynt
Hi Simple-mama, That's got it, thanks very much! I almost dare not ask, but do you know how to target the full with post at the top of the page? The changes don't seem to affect that one... Many thanks! Glyn

Jenny
You're welcome! The full width post uses the margin of a different property, so you will need this to fix it: [code]#postloop .hentry { margin: 0; }[/code]