Sign in to follow this  
jamesldesign

Custom Homepage Loop

jamesldesign

Sorry if this is a repeat, but Ive searched a bunch of other posts and am not sure how I should do things. I have a custom homepage template and in the loop area I would like excerpts to be displayed. If possible I would like the settings used under the "Blog and Posts" tab. How is this possible without setting my homepage as the "posts page" in the Wordpress reading settings. thanks

Rob
Hi, this is quite possible. Can you provide a link to your homepage? As you're doubtlessly aware, a customized homepage normally doesn't include the post loop. However, an outstanding plugin called Special Recent Posts allows you to place the postloop anywhere you please on that or any other page, complete with links, thumbnails, titles, excerpts and other options. I suggest trying the free version, then upgrading to the pro version (for $6). http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jamesldesign
Thanks, I will check out the plugin! Here is the wireframe for the homepage - I'm developing the site on MAMP and its not online yet. [img]http://www.jameslewisdesign.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wireframe-example-0207121.png[/img]

jamesldesign
The plugin works alright, but if there is a way to create a loop using the settings under Pagelines> Settings > Blog & Post, I would prefer that. I want it to act the same way as my blog page. Any developers out there who would be willing to work on this?