Sign in to follow this  
jbekefy

Available solution for removing "the latest" from footer?

jbekefy

Let me jut say, I read the wiki, and the prior posts, but I didn't seem to find a relevant conclusion. I like my two column footer a lot: http://ec2-184-72-43-144.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/ I would really just like to remove "the latest" from that section as it looks not so favorable. Is it possible? If so, could I remove it and replace that content with social icons (fb/twitter/et al) ? Thanks!

If you know CSS you can change the "title" and replace it with what ever you want. A quick fix is to go to your widgets, find the "latest posts" widget. Where you put the widget title, if you leave it blank it will go to the default "latest posts" so put some text in there that you want it to say, OR a way to trick it and have nothing is to just put in a space and click save changes.

catrina
There's a way to hide the widget titles in the footer using CSS, but it'll hide the other widget title, too (the "Pages" widget title that is also in your footer). Here's the CSS that you can add to Custom Code > Custom CSS in the PageLines Settings: [code]div.footcol-pad h3.widget-title {display: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jbekefy
Catrina, Thanks, that worked well except for the fact that the posts are still displaying. I'm not using any widgets.

Jenny
Those are default widgets when you haven't told any to display. Add them in Appearance -> Widgets. Keep in mind that when you add one, they will all disappear, so be sure to add any widgets you want to display.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.