Sign in to follow this  
chasenet

Different layout for a category page

chasenet

Hi folks I'd like to have this category page on my site: http://www.englishstandard.co/category/snippets/ display its assigned articles as a simple list of headlines rather than how it is. Is there a way to alter this one category page so it just shows the blog titles? Or is there a way of creating a new page and have that just display the blog titles of a selected category? Or some other way of achieving this? The homepage needs to remain unaffected by whatever changes made as do other category pages shown in the primary nav.

Danny
Hi, I did some looking around for you and found this plug-in, it basically creates a list of posts from a specific category. Using this would possible be the easiest method. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/list-category-posts/ However, using this will not change the category page, you will have to create a new page and use the shortcode to display the posts from said category. You may also be able to alter the style of the actual category page using a hook or filter, i'll look into this for and if I find any solution, I'll report it here.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chasenet
Thanks Danny. I'd rather not go down the plugin route if possible. Already got seven on the go and they must affect performance?

catrina
Just to try it out, you can install and activate the plugin to see how it works with your other active plugins. If it doesn't play well with the others, you can get rid of .

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse