Sign in to follow this  
greggsky

Navigation hover background color -- I don't want one

greggsky

I'm trying to make it so there is no background color for my navigation on hover. I know what selector to change, but when I use "transparent" it shows through to the default color #F1F1F1. Does anyone know how I can get rid of that? I don't see that color being used in any of the pagelines settings and I can't find it in the stylesheet.

mackenzie
Do you have a link to your site and I can troubleshoot for you?

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

I have been trying to deal with this as well, I FINALLY managed to get rid of the current item background color but still can solve the hover issue. You can see more suggestions and my attempts in this thread: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17783/navigation-hovercurrent-background-color-twitter-question#Item_14 I really have NO idea where its getting that #F2F2F2 color from, I have searched everywhere. I feel this should be laid out a bit better in the CSS for future updates to pagelines to simplify things. EDIT: I have figured it out, although I still would love to have a properly laid out CSS for this in the future, this was bizarre and a pain to solve. To remove the hover background: [code].main-nav li:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important; } [/code] Please see my "enhancement" suggestion here and comment in hopes of them fixing this issue: http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework/issues/12

Danny
Thank you for informing us, the issue is now resolved, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!