Sign in to follow this  
tmartin

Photo Sizing

tmartin

When I am adding media via the insert/upload button into my Home page utilizing the default template, the image is only roughly 2/3 of the original image size. I have tried changing the parameters in many different areas (site, templates, page, etc) but have been unable to figure out where this is controlled. Further, if I click on the image, it takes me to a new page and the image is full size. Any help or direction to a similar posted question would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

tmartin
I had & have tried that several times. The default settings are larger than my photo. Further, making the defaults larger has no affect on my original image. Any other thoughts?

tmartin
Interestingly enough, after that last post I made, I went back and made the media dimensions very small (15x15) and my image resized to the small scale. But when I changed it larger than my image, the image did not respond accordingly. Seems as if something else is constraining it. Also, evidently insertion of an image is considered a thumbnail, and thus is clickable to a larger image on a new page. This photo is intended to NOT be a hyperlink. Am I simply using the wrong method of inserting a stationary photo onto a page?

catrina
[quote]Am I simply using the wrong method of inserting a stationary photo onto a page?[/quote] If you don't want an inserted image to be a thumbnail, you can insert it as a regular image in the Visual Editor and it doesn't have to be linked. You can get rid of the link by clicking on the image icon that shows up on the top corner of the image (when you mouse over it in the Visual Editor). In the image URL text field, there should be a URL that you can delete. Once you delete it, you can update/save the image and it'll no longer be linked.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse