Sign in to follow this  
rmoore08

Full Width on blog posts

rmoore08

I followed these instructions: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1636 But I want my sidebar to appear on my blog page, just not on the post's own page when you click on the title. Any CSS? Also, I selected the option to remove the sidebar when there are no widgets, and on that post I selected an empty sidebar, but when I do that it does not remove the sidebar, it only displays a sidebar with this text

The short sidebar has been selected but doesn't have any widgets. Add some widgets to your short sidebar in the admin under appearance > widgets.

bryan-hadaway
.single #sidebar{display:none}

Will hide it on single post pages. Thanks, Bryan

rmoore08

Thanks for the quick reply. That code succeeded at removing the sidebar, but not making it full page width. Also, is there any way of making only certain single post pages full width and have others retain the sidebar? How about the highlight feature on a single post page? Thanks, Ryan

cmunns

Ryan, Depending on the theme you have you may have to also use `#maincontent {width:960px;}` to stretch the remaining portion across the screen where the sidebar used to be. In general you can do this with any page or post by looking at the source code and finding the page or post id. It will be attached to the body and look something like this. body class="page-id-77 page-template etc etc" but you only really need the page specific class if you're doing individual pages/posts. Then for the CSS on a specific page for example you would use the same sidebar trick except like this... `.page-id-77 #sidebar {display:none;}`