Sign in to follow this  
Wim Dijkgraaf

WordPress Posts Page & PageLines | I don't get it.

Wim Dijkgraaf

WordPress has the option to select a static home page and a separate WordPress Page as the posts page (WordPress - Settings - Reading). With templates I used before, I had the possibility to choose which categories to display on such a posts page. With PageLines I don't see that option. The problem is that on my posts page certain posts appear that I don't want to appear. They are part of a specific category that I want to exclude from being displayed on the posts page. Is there a way to select which categories to show on the Posts Page selected under WordPress - Settings - Reading? Kind regards, Wim Dijkgraaf

tsalstrand
Use this plugin... it will allow you to choose which which categories to exclude =) http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simply-exclude/ Let me know if that helps!

Simon
By default wordpress shows all categories on the front 'blog' page. You can adjust this and exclude categories using special wordpress filters. You have not told us what product you are using, so i'll assume its the latest. Edit pagelines-customize/functions.php and add this: [code]function exclude_category($query) { if ( $query->is_home() ) { $query->set('cat', '-xx'); } return $query; } add_filter('pre_get_posts', 'exclude_category');[/code] Where xx is the id number of the category, if you want more than one edit that line like this: [code]query->set('cat', '-9 -53 -98 -484');[/code]

Wim Dijkgraaf
Hi Simon, The edited php will be lost with every PageLines update?

Wim Dijkgraaf
Hi Simon, The exclude really is no solution for me. The blog page only should contain one type of blog post which is in the category "blog". All the other categories I might come up with in the future should be excluded. I don't think it's a good solution if I have to edit the .php over and over again as soon as I add a new category. Sorry to say this again but other WordPress templates have a very charming solution for this (see for instants the elegant themes) for a fraction of the price. Those themes have a page type called "posts page". If selected as the parent template of a page, a tree view appears with all the categories. The use only has to select the categories to include for that specific page and thats it. Would be very nice to have the same functionality in PageLines. Warm regards, Wim Dijkgraaf