Sign in to follow this  
schism

3 Sidebar Display / Morefoot adjustment

schism

Hello, I'm trying to have my site display 3 sidebars instead of left sidebar/content area/right sidebar. I did search but I only found one similar topic, and I do not have nearly enough CSS experience to follow what was happening there. Basically, I want the exact thing that Morefoot Sidebars offer - that 3 column display. The only difference is I want this near the top of the page, with boxes below the 3 column area. I've tried using Morefoot Sidebars to do this by adjusting the page setup in the "Template Setup" and positioning Morefoot Sidebars over the boxes. What ends up happening is it displays exactly as I'd like it to above the boxes, but then duplicates itself below the boxes. Basically, what I want: Feature *Morefoot display* - the 3 column area Boxes What happens when I try to do this using Morefoot: Feature Morefoot display Boxes Exact duplicate of Morefoot display So basically I'm either looking for a way to stop Morefoot from duplicating itself below the boxes, or for an alternative way to create that 3 column display. I don't have in-depth knowledge of CSS but can follow instructions pretty well. Link to site demonstrating what I'm talking about: valleygroupbenefits .ca

catrina
You'll need to create a 3 column display rather than using the morefoot sidebar. It'll take more than CSS, however. Will this 3-column display be used on only one page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

schism
Hi Catrina, thank you for the response. Yes the 3-column display will only be used on one page. What would the best way of creating this be?

Jenny
Why don't you just select a 3 column layout in Templates, adjusting the size as needed?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

schism
Do you mean the layout editor? The only way I could see of doing that is sidebar/content area/sidebar, and then a ton of css editing to make the content area match the appearance of the sidebars. I had hoped there was a better way of doing it. Boxes can do this too, except I'm already using them on the page.

catrina
Yeah, I don't think using 2 sidebars and making them match the center content wouldn't be the best solution. What are you planning on having in these 3 columns? Text + images?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

schism
Yes, just text and images. What should my next steps be?

catrina
I think this would be considered a customization that involves editing code in the template. Do you want to hire someone to do this for you?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

schism
Not particularly - I guess I'll either figure it out myself or change the look to fit what I can do.

Jenny
You have more options that just sidebar/content/sidebar. You have 3 things you could use essentially. [img]http://i.imgur.com/IjfIL.png[/img] Just use the slider at the bottom to adjust the widths. If this won't work for you, then hiring a [url="http://www.pagelines.com/pros/"]PageLines Pro[/url] may be your better option.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.