Sign in to follow this  
bauerhaus

How do I delete auto title and tagline text ontop of header?

bauerhaus

I've been trying to figure out header issues on this site. What CSS can I add to hide the auto generated Site title and tagline - so there is no white box with text over the header? I still want that info to be visible via SEO, but I don't want to see it visually since the graphic has the logo title. Also, a little back story: This is how I got the graphic to extend the full screen width by doing this.

cybersphere
Hi, I can't help you with CSS but it is recommended you mention your site for clarity. I assume you are still discussing [url]http://bauerhaus.wishuponastarwithus.com/[/url]? If so, you are referring to the bit I highlighted in red? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/umUSe.jpg[/IMG]

Rob
Try adding this to Custom Code > CSS Rules. [code]#branding .content { display: none; z-index: 10; }[/code] Let us know if that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bauerhaus
@rangelone - That worked perfectly! Thank you sooooooo much!

Rob
Glad that seems to have worked!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bauerhaus
@rangelone - I just noticed that when I added that CSS, it hid my social icons (facebook, twitter, google plus). Any idea how to write an exception to include those?

bauerhaus
Just an update, to hide the title and tagline and KEEP the social icons I ended up using this CSS: #branding .title-container { display: none; z-index: 10; }