Sign in to follow this  
likemedia

Can't Get Rid of Whitespace and Blog Options. Features Slider is Not Showing.

likemedia

I am new to Pagelines and my website is www.northwestboardwalk.com, but the website is actually called "Forever Summer"...we will be moving the website to a proper URL later. My problem is I had a large white space between the "Features slider" and "Boxes" that I created...I would move things around in the templates tab, but no luck. I finally moved the "Branding" and "Navigation" into the Header, the "Features" into the Page Templates, the "Boxes" and "Twitter Bar"into the Morefoot and the "Simple Nav" and "Footer Columns Sidebar" into the Footer. And by doing this, I managed to remove the white space, but now there is white space where the features slider should be showing up, but it is empty. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the blog being defaulted into appearing on the home page? (which is also something I want to get rid of). I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of the blog posts entirely. I don't want any part of the blog included because it is a website, not a blog. If anyone could help me figure out how to bring back the features slider and remove the blog options from my website it would be greatly appreciated!

Jenny
Visit Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading. You need to change your default landing page to your home page. :) I don't know where your features are supposed to be showing but you need to enable them to display on the page using Templates settings. The white space on your home page is simply the "content area" for that page. It has a minimum-height set by default.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.