Sign in to follow this  
bobborsongmailcom

Adding Page Numbers instead of 'Previous Entries' and 'Next Entries'

bobborsongmailcom

I would like to change the 'Previous Entries' and 'Next Entries' buttons at the bottom of my site and have page numbers instead (similar to what you have at the bottom of this site in the Forum. I tried downloading a plugin (WP Page Numbers) which looks fine but I have no idea where I am suppose to place the code to make it work.

bobborsongmailcom

I forgot to add my site www.lifeofanarchitect.com Also, this was another site I found that uses the iBlog theme and they have the page numbers like I was looking for http://the-ipad-site.com/latest-news/

cmunns

With plug-ins you don't generally have to place any code. It should just work by activating it and/or setting a few options for it depending on which plug-in

bobborsongmailcom

I know that but that doesn't seem to be the case with most of the page number plugins I have searched through. In the instructions it reads: Add: <?php if(function_exists('wp_page_numbers')) : wp_page_numbers(); endif; ?> Replace the the ???next_posts_link()??™ and ???previous_posts_link()??™ with the code in theme (archive.php, index.php or search.php). If you can??™t find it, place it between endwhile; and endif; in your theme. Where can I find those functions?

bryan-hadaway

archive.php, index.php and search.php are all found in your WordPress admin, when you navigate to: Appearance > Editor you will also find the functions.php file there. Thanks, Bryan

bobborsongmailcom

Okay, I must be doing a terrible job of explaining. I know where to find the archive.php, index.php and search.php files, but when I open those theme files, I can't find the snippet of code that I am looking for: ???next_posts_link()??™ and ???previous_posts_link()??™ Since I don't speak the same language as you (code) maybe you can help solve my problem instead of just answering the question (I might not be asking the right question). Either way, I am simply trying to find the right piece of code and replace it with the new code as instructed within the plugin I downloaded. I have included the instructions above, the code I am looking for, and the code I am suppose to replace. Can you help me get to the end rather than pointing me in the right direction? I would really, really appreciate it.

cmunns

You can find that snippet on the top portion of the _posts.php file :)