adgroupagency

Aligning Universal Widget Bar and Branding

adgroupagency
http://test.tpsheehan.com/ I am having trouble aligning the universal widget section with the brand/brand nav. Ultimately, I would like the widget to sit in the space above the feature on the home page, and above the horizontal navigation on the internal pages (i.e. menu, specials, etc...) Any help would be great!

Rob
If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates, you can click on the "Header" in the layout graphic map. There, you can slide down the page a bit and find the options for the header. Simply drag the Universal Sidebar into the left box above the navigation (main menu) or above the Secondary Nav, if you want it just above the optional menu items such as specials, as you suggest. On posts and pages where you don't want the universal sidebar to appear, you can hide it from the meta settings on each.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

adgroupagency
I believe it must be something in my custom css that is causing the glitch, because I have the universal sidebar on top in the template --> header area. See below. [img]http://test.tpsheehan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-Shot-2012-02-15-at-5.17.43-PM.png[/img] Here is my custom css, [quote] body{} /* PAGE CONTENT TRANSPARENCY */ .content .content-pad {background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.90);} /* NAVIGATION SIDEBAR STYLING */ .widget-title {display: none;} .widget ul li {font-size: 1.5em; line-height: 45px;} /* FEATURE SECTION STYLING */ #feature-footer-pad {margin-top: 10px;} #post-footer {display-text: none;} /* NAVIGATION STYLING */ #menu-nav {padding-top:120px; padding-right: 50px; font-size: 1.8em; color: #225E9B;} .main_nav li a {color: #225E9B; font-family: "Hoefler Text",Garamond,"Times New Roman",Times,sans-serif;} /* MENU STYLING */ .readernav li span, .readernav li a {font-size: 1.5em; color: #225E9B; font-family: "Hoefler Text",Garamond,"Times New Roman",Times,sans-serif;} /* HIGHLIGHT SECTION STYLING */ #highlight .content-pad .highlight-area {padding: 10px 15px 15px;} /* BANNER AD SPACE STYLING */ .home #sb_universal .content-pad { padding-right:30px;} #list_sb_universal.sidebar_widgets {width: 600px; float:right;} /* HEADER STYLING */ #header .container-group {height:400px;}[/quote]

catrina
I think the navigation on the homepage isn't being generated using the same list styling as that one used on the internal pages. Also, the primary sidebar is being used on the homepage for the navigation. Was this your intention?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

adgroupagency
After a major hosting issue, the site has been ported to a new server. At this point I am trying to get everything set back up to where it was. The client requested the left hand navigation that is present on the home page. Definitely not my preference. Either way, I am resetting the universal widget as we speak I will update when I have it all set back up.