Sign in to follow this  
umitgokce

Carousel Post Thumbnail and Title

umitgokce

How do you define the post thumbnail for a carousel? I just see the "no thumb available" image. I can't find anything in the Pagelines Meta Settings. And I can't define a custom field (e.g. feature-thumb) for a post so that it stays after I update the post. I also want to be able to give the carousel a title just above and on the left side of it. Can this be done? I'm using PlatformPro 1.4.1. THANKS

catrina
You need to upload an image as a featured image to the post in order for the post thumbnail to appear in the carousel. You'll also need to select the post category in the Carousel settings so that the thumbnails from that category will show up.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

umitgokce
Catrina, there's no featured image setting available in the WP UI after installing PlatformPro (1.4.1). So there's no way to upload an image and have it associated with the post. However, I can select the post category via the PlatformPro Meta Settings and have the placeholder graphic appear in the carousel and link to the correct post. Also, any thoughts on how to give the carousel a title? Thanks

Danny
Hi, Can you post a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jenny
The featured image option is there (I use PlatformPro every day and use the featured image). Maybe you have disabled it? Click "screen options" at the top of a post editor page to check. If it doesn't show up, you may have a plugin conflict. Disable all plugins and check again.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

umitgokce
Not sure exactly how, but accessing the post using Edit Post from the Web page (instead of via the WP admin) made the Featured Image link appear. So this is resolved, but another issue has come up which I'll post in a new discussion. Thanks

Rob
I'm glad you were able to resolve this. Just as an alternative, if you use the Media tool inside a post, you can upload any image and at the bottom, make it the Featured Image (thumbnail). You don't even have to resize or select the size. Just click the option at the bottom.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur