Sign in to follow this  
alainafrederick

Help Inserting Links in Header

alainafrederick

After reading this discussion: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/93017 I'm trying to do this as well.... however having issues: In PlatformBase functions.php after this line // Once overridden you can copy the code from that section, paste it there and edit to your heart's content. I added this code

add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'brand_links');

function brand_links(){

?>

<?php }[/code] In the PlatformPro setting in the custom code area for the CSS I have this
[code]body{background:#7e8d4c;} .form-allowed-tags{display:none !important} #branding .content-pad{padding-bottom:0px;} #branding .icons{display:none;} #primary-nav{position:relative;} #primary-nav .searchform{position:absolute;top:-15px;right:10px;} #nav_row #menu-main-navigation{width:auto !important;float:left;} .home .menu-item-home a{color:#7e8d4c !important;} .current-menu-item a{color:#7e8d4c !important;background:none !important;} .current-menu-item li a{color:#ffffff !important;} #primary-nav li a{font-size:0.95em !important;font-weight:bold;} #nav_row a:hover{background:#786b5e !important;color:#ffffff !important;} #nav_row li li{background:#aa9d90 !important;} #nav_row li li a{color:#ffffff;} #feature_slider, #boxes{display:none;} .home #feature_slider, .home #boxes{display:block;} #footer{background:#7e8d4c;color:#000000;} #h7{ color: #000000; line-height: 20px; font-size: 7px } .brand-links { float: right; width: 280px; } .brand-links a { padding:0 5px; }

I am not seeing the links anywhere that I added in the header...

trying to figure out all the capabilities of pagelines

Danny
Can you post a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alainafrederick
Whoops! Sorry about that - http://dinkerandgiggles.com

catrina
I don't see the code when I inspect your site and I don't see anything wrong with your code. Can you paste the code that precedes yours?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alainafrederick
As in the functions.php file? I have all the custom CSS there and I didn't change anything to the functions.php except adding the code to the end. It's odd that it's not showing up isn't it??

Jenny
Could you paste your entire platformbase functions.php at pastie.org and give us the link to it?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

alainafrederick
Hopefully I did this right: http://www.pastie.org/3387444 It's the functions.php from Platformbase

Danny
This is just a long shot, but would it be possible for you disable all your active plug-ins please and see if the branding links are then visible.

alainafrederick
Nope. Didn't work :(

alainafrederick
My site is all messed up for sure. When I try these things like the header links they never work. And also been fighting to get the "previous entries" link on the homepage to work for the last YEAR. I even did a fresh install of the themes too. Hopefully you brilliant minds have some ideas on how to make the header links work!!!

alainafrederick
SOOOO... I took these two lines out of the custom CSS and there are now links there. They are horrible looking and in blue but they are THERE! [code]#branding .content-pad{padding-bottom:0px;} #branding .icons{display:none;}[/code] Now how do I get them to space out correctly and to be near the search box as well as to be in a black font or even a gray and upon hover then go to black?

alainafrederick
So I played around using some of the code used for the search box and now have this - but how do I make the text bold and colored with a hover of a different color? [code].brand-links { position:absolute;top:-100px;right:175px; width: 580px; } .brand-links a { padding:0 15px; }[/code]

Rob
Alaina, I'm not sure if you noticed, but the order of How you added them is correct, but you have them butted up to each other, plus a blank space in each causing a misalignment. Try removing the trailing space such as About ; to About; and modify the 15px like this [code].brand-links a { padding: 0 23px; }[/code] You might find some of the info here useful. http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp The links seem to need to be bold when static and visited. Now they're just bold on hover.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

alainafrederick
The spacing still seems off even with taking the trailing space out and adding the additional padding in. I'm wondering cause there isn't enough space allowed cause of the logo on the left?

catrina
You may want to try using the margin attribute to add more spacing (http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_margin.asp).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alainafrederick
Thank you this helped so they are not on top of each other but I still don't understand why PR wants to be so close to whatever it's next too. There is tons of spacing around the others but not the right side of Contributors or left side of PR UGH! This is very frustrating!

Danny
Replace your current CSS for Brandlinks with mine below. [code].brand-links a {padding: 0 15px;margin: 0 0px;width: auto;}[/code] It should resolve your issue with "PR"

alainafrederick
Thank you!!!!!