Sign in to follow this  
gobyfish

How to include things after each post excerpt on the homepage

gobyfish

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I haven't been able to find a solution that works for me yet. What I'm trying to do is add some things after each post excerpt on the homepage. I'm using full-width excerpts, btw. An example of what I'm trying to do: After the "Continue Reading" link, I'd like to add some social media buttons. And then underneath those, a nice little graphical divider to separate each post with a little branded icon. I know I can do that with css, but I'd like to figure a way to get it all working with a hook or something. I'm using the Pagelines Customize and Pagelines Sections plugin, but can't get this working. And unfortunately I can't show you a link to the site as I'm bonded against sharing it at this time, but I think this is a pretty straightforward request. Thanks, gang!

Danny
Hi gobyfish, You could download and install from the PageLines Store a plug-in called "Action Map". Once installed and activated, if you navigate to your websites frontend, in the top left hand corner of the Wordpress admin/user bar. There should be a link called Action Map, by clicking this, it will show where WordPress and PageLines actions are included in the templates live on the page. You can then use this to determine where you want to display your hook. If you require further assistance, don't hesitate to reply.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gobyfish
Thanks, Danny, but I've already tried that too. The Action Map doesn't list any hooks after each post. It does list one BEFORE each post, but not after. Any other ideas?

Simon
Solution is in this thread http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17666/mis-alignment-of-social-icons-due-to-change-post-title-length#Item_17