Sign in to follow this  
lorikb

Using Less.js with Customize Plugin

lorikb

Hello, Currently using framework 2.0. I use LESS to write css for my websites http://lesscss.org/ I have a compiler that creates the css file so I don't have to run the javascript client side, but during development I prefer to use a .less file and the less.js to compile it in the browser. It just saves me a lot of time, then when I am done I remove the less.js file and upload the compiled css. Anyway, this works fine when not using the customize plugin. I just put the following in the header scripts section.

Everything works great until I enable the Pagelines Customize Plugin. Then none of the custom css in the less file is recognized. As a work around I have been working without the customize plugin enabled but then I can't see any functionality I have added in the functions.php file. Am I better off just using a child theme? I am just looking for the best way to streamline my work flow when customizing page lines for clients (I have a dev license). Thanks! Lori

catrina
If the Less.js file and PageLines Customize plugin aren't playing nicely, I think it would be worth a shot to use the child theme that way you don't need PageLines Customize.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse