Sign in to follow this  
anlinares

Z-Index

anlinares

I'm in Framework now but I developed this site a while back and don't want to switch over at this point for fear of what errors I'll encounter. So I need a problem resolved for Platform Pro, please! We are finally about ready to launch with just one more hurdle to get past.... http://www.highcottontesting.info I have the header arranged and looking pretty much how I want but it isn't exactly functioning... and I know why... sort of. The layers are blocking the functionality of some of the buttons. For instance, the nav is covering the icons and I believe the branding may be covering the FB like button. I want to keep my site looking the same but get it functioning correctly. The CSS I have for the z-indexes is posted below. What am I missing here? Thanks for your help!!!

#primary-nav {
	z-index: 10;
	}

.icons a {
	z-index: 20;
	}

#sidebar_universal {
	z-index: 30;
	}

.mainlogo-link {
	z-index: 40;
	}

Danny
Hi, This statement is taken from W3schools, [i]"Definition and Usage The z-index property specifies the stack order of an element. An element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order. [b]Note: z-index only works on positioned elements (position:absolute, position:relative, or position:fixed).[/b]"[/i] http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp Therefore, you need to position them using the position:absolute/relative/fixed;

Please search our forums, before posting!

anlinares
I was pulling my hair out and the answer was so easy!! I even read that page but I guess not thoroughly enough. Thanks, Danny!