Sign in to follow this  
kracker

Wrap below tetriary and secondary sidebar bug

kracker
http://awesomescreenshot.com/06au0795a I've set the template to have multiple columns, and set primary sidebar below tet and 2ary as shown in the screen capture. In firebug the wrap appears in firebug, and if I remove the widget I've placed the wrap will appear nearly at the bottom of the page with default widgets, however, if I place a widget, nothing appears. I've a few references to this issue but yet to see an acknowledgement or fix for this issue, but I need two narrow width columns with one wide below. I am only working with the global/blog templates, not magazine, so essentially default, also, I've tested w/and w/o plugins. I also reset the entire platform back to default settings, and no sidebars are hidden. So yes, the computer is plugged in and yes, I tried the power button - next step? I'm sorry, working locally so I cannot provide a link to the site.

Rob
" So yes, the computer is plugged in and yes, I tried the power button - next step? " I like your sense of humor. Most likely this the result of a template conflict. Setting your Sidebar Wrap to the bottom should be no problem and it will span the width of the two sidebars above it. But it shouldn't be going beyond the total width of the two above. Do you have any widgets inside the Primary Sidebar (if that's the wrap)?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kracker
ha! So keep in mind, if I place a widget in primary, nothing shows up anywhere, but if I remove the widget from primary, primary's default framework widgets come into place, this screenshot is the result: archives, calendar, and meta http://awesomescreenshot.com/063u11i87 In layout settings current template widths are set as shown here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/09au11yc3 In template SB Wrap - primary / not hidden global Secondary - SB1 / not hidden Tetriary - SB2 / not hidden Trying to be thorough here, hope this is enlightening

kracker
Btw, if I reverse the setting to wrap on top, it works fine wide then narrow narrow below as expected. I've hunted for a possible open div somewhere, but it doesn't make sense if it works in reverse? Anyone else have this issue and resolve it? please jump in, time is running on this project and this issue has become a 9 hour event.

catrina
Thanks for being thorough. What are you page meta settings looking like when it comes to the sidebar visibility? What happens if you enable the universal sidebar and add widgets to it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kracker
Okay, I added wrap with universal within it, and it populates where I want it asking me to ad widgets and it's placement is exactly the way I would expect it to appear. Having said that, adding any default or non-default widget and it vanishes. I've looked thru the docs in great detail, and I'm surprised there isn't best uses and practices for all of these sidebars or a layout chart of best uses/placements and options. If I've missed this, please point me in the right direction, but a link to the glossary of terms isn't useful. I feel like this could be a setting, but then again, since it populates and asks me to ad widgets as expected, obviously something isn't right. What is the difference between universal, or primary? what should the layout look like to accomplish two upper columns with a wide col below it? Docs?

catrina
The primary sidebar is the main sidebar that is placed either on the left or right side of the site. The universal sidebar is basically a "spare" sidebar that's provided if you want to add more widgets somewhere else. I'm assuming you want the two upper columns to be the same width, yes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kracker
one is 304 one is 210 the wrap the primary wrap should be the total of thost two, yes.

catrina
What kind of content do you plan on having in those two upper columns? Do you plan on having any widgets in any of them?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kracker
Hi Catrina, placing the wrap widget below the columns simply doesn't work. I switched to widget priority forcing me to use the widgets PL wants me to use, and still, switching to below the columns fails - the widget simply vanishes.

Jenny
Sure is a lot going on here. Something this simple shouldn't be an issue, regardless of having the sidebar priority checked. For ease of use (and since you want the wrap on the bottom), I recommend visiting Templates, and use the following setup: SB1: Primary Sidebar SB2: Secondary Sidebar Wrap: Tertiary Sidebar Then just place all of your widgets in Appearance -> Widgets in the proper sidebar. Also make sure PageLines -> Settings -> Website Setup -> Sidebar Wrap Widgets is set to bottom.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kracker
Thanks Jenny, still vanishes. I am most likely going to reload PL and see if maybe it's just a glitch. The wrap (even with tetiary) for whatever reason simply does not want to be below the two cols -vanishing- when populated with anything. when empty, it did prompt me to add a widget.

kracker
Catrina, it simply fixed itself, no idea ... a glitch I guess

Jenny
lol! Regardless, glad the issue is resolved. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.