Sign in to follow this  
amppromatic

change theme color

amppromatic    2
amppromatic

How to change theme color in header and footer? I need to change custom one, not from options? www.pro-datum.com, write now I have red in header and footer, I want to gray color

Rob    547
Rob
Do you have Firebug for Firefox? You should get it at http://www.getfirebug.com For the footer, I found this: [code]#spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background: url("../images/colors/red-spotlight-effect-bg.jpg") no-repeat scroll center top transparent; }[/code] That means that the background color is not set as a color, but as a graphic background. If you right click over the footer, then View Background you'll see it. It also explains why you still have a green bar at the bottom of your site - that's the actual background color still showing through. Similarly, this code (below) affects the background of the features slider: [code]#spotlight, #footer { background: url("../images/colors/red-spotlight-rpt-bg.jpg") repeat-x scroll center top #960100; }[/code] However there, you also have a color displayed. The color hex value: #960100 is the deep red. Replace the image AND change the hex value for the slider background with the exact grey you want.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amppromatic    2
amppromatic
thanks. How to set up the background as a color and not as a graphic?

catrina    103
catrina
Use this code but replace XXXXXX with the hex code for the color you want: [code]#spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background-color: #XXXXXX; }[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amppromatic    2
amppromatic
I put body{} #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background-color: #f7f7f7; } in css rule, but doesn't work? Can you check please?

catrina    103
catrina
Try this code instead: [code]div#spotlight div.effect { background-color: #f7f7f7; } [/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amppromatic    2
amppromatic
that actually work, but look at site www.pro-datum.com and I need to do for bottom too. I need go through all the way

Rob    547
Rob
In theory, and by experimentation in my own site this did work: [code]#spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background-color: #f7f7f7; }[/code] I'm not sure if you removed spaces or if there's something else in your CSS that might be affecting it, perhaps from an unknown source.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur