Sign in to follow this  
toschitorte

categories

toschitorte

I have on my website more categories.When I published an article, unfortunately, are always all items shown on the home. But it is only by a group of reporting are shown on the homepage.the other will be shown on subpages.other reports are to be seen only in the category sorry my englisch is bad. i hope you can understand me?? thanks for your help.... i have iblog 5 pro

Danny
Hi Toschitorte, I apologise, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Is it possible for you to reply and go into greater detail please?

Please search our forums, before posting!

toschitorte
I have more categories on my website.Example: City-D??sseldorf, Police News, Event, City News.I will my Report only in a Categories Police News of my Website show. The other reports are not on the First Page be seen. Only Reports from City News. I hope you can understand me??

catrina
To clarify: Only the posts from the City News category are showing up on your main blog page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

toschitorte
no, unfortunately, all reports posting. i will only reports from city news. I want the other reports in under categories. not see on a home site. i hope you can understand me? thenka torsten

Danny
Hi Toschitorte, What PageLines product are you using?

toschitorte
Developer Edition with Theme IBlog Pro5 Thanks

toschitorte
Have buy pages Lines Developer. I would have to buy the design Blog pro 5 ?? Or is it included i a Developer packed?? Thank you for your help?

Danny
OK, well what you could do is create two new pages, call one Blog and the other Homepage. The read through the this article from the Wordpress Codex, on how to create a static page. http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page Once you have done this, go to PageLines > Templates and then choose a template that you will only use for your Homepage (for this exmaple, lets use Template | 5). Then drag and drop the "Content Box" (if you don't have this, install it from the PageLines Store). Position it as to where you would like your "City News" posts to appear. Once you have completed this, go to Plug-ins and search for "Special Recent Posts" by lgrandicelli. Once installed, go to Widgets and drag the "Special Recent Posts" widget into any sidebar it does not matter as we will remove it later. Then fill out the options for the SRP widget, selecting only your City News category, how posts you would like to display etc... Then at the bottom of the widget options, there is a short code generator, copy this shortcode once you're happy with the settings. Now that you have copied the shortcode, go to Pages and select the page you will be using for your static homepage. Once in the page editor, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see the "PageLines Meta Settings" and in there should be the "Content Box" settings panel, add the shortcode to the "Content Box Content" and leave the title empty. Click save meta settings button, click the publish button and then view your homepage, it should now only be displaying (if you set Special Recent Posts correctly) posts from your City News category.

toschitorte
Have buy pages Lines Developer. I would have to buy the design Blog pro 5 ?? Or is it included i a Developer packed?? Thank you for your help?

Danny
If your original question has been answered you really should click the accept link and thank the user who resolve/replied to your question. Please do not add a separate question into your post regarding another issue, it is confusing for the forum support team and also for users searching for posts to resolve their issues. However, to answer your question, yes, iBlogPro 5 is a separate purchase, you can do this via the PageLines store in your Wordpress installation.

toschitorte
Hello I am not satisfied with PageLines. I will back my Money??¦??¦.. I will make a Magazin Website. Look my Old Site www.derduesseldorfer.de I have more Catergory, when I posting my Reports with PageLines, all Reports see on my Front Site. I will see onle Category of my Front Site. Not all see. Please give back my Money??¦.. Thanks Torsten