Sign in to follow this  
alainafrederick

Custom Look for Uber Nav

alainafrederick

I'm using the custom code given for the Uber Nav which allows for a subnavigation bar that is site wide. I have the following custom CSS going on for the main navigation:

#nav_row #menu-main-navigation{width:auto !important;float:left;}
	.home .menu-item-home a{color:#7e8d4c !important;}
	.current-menu-item a{color:#7e8d4c !important;background:none !important;}
	.current-menu-item li a{color:#ffffff !important;}
	#primary-nav li a{font-size:0.95em !important;font-weight:bold;}
	#nav_row a:hover{background:#786b5e !important;color:#ffffff !important;}
	#nav_row li li{background:#aa9d90 !important;}

#nav_row li li a{color:#ffffff;}
What do I need to change to make it work for the uber navigation. I'd like to do some changes with the font colors, hover, and I'd like for the uber navigation to be float right. I'll I need to know is really what to place I tried coping the code and used #sub-nav #subnav #ubernav etc and it isn't working.
#nav_row #sub-nav{width:auto !important;float:right;}

trying to figure out all the capabilities of pagelines

alainafrederick
In working on editing my categories I've noticed that the Uber Nav does not allow for drop down menus like the main navigation has for subcategories. I do have my menu set up correctly.

Danny
Hi Alaina, The uber nav is I remember correctly, is simply a hack of the "Secondary Menu" section. Therefore, there is no drop down functionality, the secondary menu is designed to be a simple navigation for categories and child pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alainafrederick
My site is http://dinkerandgiggles.com I need to have some type of secondary navigation on every page. I had seen that in order to get the secondary navigation to show up you have to go into each and every post, page, etc. So was using the uber nav as a fix. Is there any other way to have a functioning second row of navigation for my categories with their subcategories? This is really driving me bonkers!

Danny
Hi Alaina, When you say second row of navigation for your categories and sub categories, do you mean a drop down menu ? If so, this is not possible with the uber nav or secondary navigation.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alainafrederick
I think I'll have to rethink the navigation then so that the links to the pages are perhaps in the header to the right of my logo and then use the main navigation then for all the categories. Thanks for the assistance. It just seems that none of this is accomplishing what I need. Now to figure out how to put links to Home, Contact, About, etc in the header :(