Sign in to follow this  
iamtheeverydaygirl

Search bar won't work

iamtheeverydaygirl

I can't seem to find a similar problem on the forum ... My search bar will not work at all. I can't even click in it. Here's my home page -- http://173.239.45.59/~iamtheev/ Search bar is right in my navigation menu. Thank you!

catrina
It appears that something is blocking it but what is odd is that the navigation isn't blocked (it's working perfectly fine). What happens if you were to add a sidebar to your page temporarily and enable the search widget? Does the problem persist?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iamtheeverydaygirl
Yes, it does persist. I added a sidebar and enabled the search widget. THAT search box works (it's at the bottom of the page right now), but the one in the navigation bar is still not working. Should I try something else ... ?? Thanks!

catrina
At least we know that it's the search field in the navigation that isn't working, so we know that there is something wrong in the header. I think the navigation needs to be moved down a bit. Please add the following CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your settings: [code]#nav div.container {margin-top: 5px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

iamtheeverydaygirl
Hi Catrina -- Unfortunately, that didn't work. I added that css code and it didn't actually move the navigation bar at all. (I changed the 5px to some big numbers to try to see if it moved, but nothing) Search bar still doesn't work.

iamtheeverydaygirl
Hi Catrina -- Ok, so I removed it, and that did nothing. But I did mess around with css code that I had put in to remove some of the space between the header and the navigation bar AND -- I think that was the problem. I changed it from this: section#nav {margin-top: -30px;} to this: section#nav {margin-top: -20px;} Does this seem right? The search bar wouldn't work if it's too close to the header image? I'd like to still have the nav bar right under the image, but wondering if it's possible with the search bar? thanks!

catrina
Yes, that sounds about right (the reason why the search bar wouldn't work. If the search bar is contained in the nav bar (which it is), the nav bar will need to move.

Designer | Catrina Dulay