Sign in to follow this  
ryanopaz

No BBPRess in new site - with Framework

ryanopaz

I bought the Framework, so I could install the 1click plugin to have BBpress on my site. I have gone the store, downloaded, installed, activated and then unactivated and reactiviated numerous times. No matter what I do there is no option to use the forum in my site. Nothing on the admin sidebar or elsewhere. Can't find a bug in the forums. Turned off and on numerous plugins to test...nothing. No BBpress for me! :(

ryanopaz
And how do I make sure to be notified of any response to this? I don't see a subscribe option

Simon
You have to install the actual bbpress forum plugin yourself. The store plugin adds styling.

ryanopaz
When i tried to reinstall it all crashed. So now have deleted anything related to bbpress and reinstalling from scratch.

ryanopaz
Wow, now a really messed up situation. I can now see Forums. But if I click the Pagelines admin tab or the Plugins tab, I get an error page. I can though do what I want with the forum tab.

ryanopaz
HELP, now about everyother admin menu item is unreachable. Some are, but I can't get to about half! Which is making it hard to figure out what is going on.

Simon
Whats the error? Do you have debug enabled or something?

ryanopaz
Will enable it. Just 500 errors: Server error The website encountered an error while retrieving http://ewbc.vrazon.com/wp-admin/plugins.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

ryanopaz
Actually this is funny. Every other menu item is unreachable. Including settings for Pagelines, so I can't enable it. I guess I need to redelete the entire plugin...enable and then reinstall.

Simon
I was going to say make sure its OFF, most 3rd party plugins are developed with debugging disabled, they either do not know about it or refuse to use it.

ryanopaz
Ok, so I turned it on, before your message, and deleted and reinstalled. Now no menu items are reachable, so I asume this means, that bbpress is not a fan of debugging! :) Really at a loss now.

Simon
can you install/configure it with a default theme set, and no other plugins?

ryanopaz
Ok, so I turned off all plugins and one at a time turned them back on. Fortunately the culprit was not needed anymore, but it is an odd one: Wordpress Importer: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-importer/ Once that one was activated it I got the error again!

Simon
Well at least you found it ;)