Sign in to follow this  
njumara

Having a weird background image problem

njumara

I really like that you can put different background images on different pages including single post pages. But I'm having a weird issue with some settings. There are a lot of them so I thought I'd ask in case anyone knew a quick answer. I have two installs of pagelines 2 on two different sites. I have gone through the settings in each to match them exactly. But I must be missing something. One site will show the background image and another won't. I've tried on individual pages and under color control. Why would one install show a background image and another won't, both are set to: Static with pixel width (layout editor) Content Width Page (Color Control) I don't understand why one would work and the other wouldn't. So, does anyone have a guide for what settings are needed to enable background images? I must be missing something.

njumara
to add to that, once the background image is in place, the footer color is gone (supersize photo is on) Is there any way to keep the footer color (fixed or full width) and have an enlarged photo?

njumara
thanks catrina I tried that but it didn't work, I'm going to start over with the process and will figure it out I'm sure. Thanks again.

Danny
Let us know the out come once your start over is completed!

Please search our forums, before posting!

njumara
still working on this problem, had to side track it to get vanilla, buddypress, and feature slider to behave properly, whew. Back on it soon and will let you know what I did to cause the problem.

njumara
still working on this problem, had to side track it to get vanilla, buddypress, and feature slider to behave properly, whew. Back on it soon and will let you know what I did to cause the problem.

Jenny
Check your color settings in "Color Control." You may have a Body Background, Page Background, or Content Background that is overwriting your background image.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

njumara
great thanks i'll try that and get back. Last time I was trying to fix this I had every setting exactly the same but I'll see if I made a mistake there as well.

njumara
ok, even weirder now. So, I uploaded another photo for the background image in color control, just to see if something went wrong with the upload. I used a different image (image B ) than I used when I was trying to initially solve the problem (image A). Then the bg image in color control said that it was the new photo, in the area under the upload button and above placement controls. I refreshed my site and it was the photo I was originally trying to upload (image A)? I removed the current photo (image B ) so that no photo was selected as bg in color control. Image A would not go away. I cracked it a bit and reset everything to default, settings, meta, and templates. Image A is still there. Image A does not want to go away. I cleared cache, cookies, yadda yadda, still image A will not leave. Why is this happening?

njumara
tried deleting base theme, pagelines framework, reinstalling, still no go. Do I need to scrap everything and start over? Why aren't the settings responding to what I have them set at?

njumara
Unfortunately I had to scrap the whole project and start over. Lucky I wasn't too far along. I dropped everything and reinstalled WP to fix the problem.