Sign in to follow this  
cdedse

Hide display of post title for a particular category of posts

cdedse

Hello, I want to hide the title of posts belonging to a particular category when they are displayed. I will be really grateful if someone could tell me how to do it. Thanking you in advance Vinayan

Danny
Hi Vinayan, I really recommend you use Google Chrome Web Developer Console or Firebug for Firefox and view you site with one of these tools. It will make your life so much easier. Basically whenever you create a post, page, category and so on... the body of that page, post, category is given either an id or you can use the actual name to style the page. So for example lets say you have a category called Gaming News, the slug for that category will look like this: gaming-news Therefore you can apply that above to your categories body and using display:none remove certain elements from that specific page, post, category etc... To remove the post title for the category gaming-news, the CSS would look like this: [code].category-gaming-news .entry-title { display: none; }[/code] Now all you need to do is simply, replace: .category-gaming-news With your categories name, this is something you have to do, as we don't have a link to your website or know the categories name. **A easy way to find the slug of your category is to go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Posts > Categories. From there you can see a list of your categories, there should be a column called "slug".

Please search our forums, before posting!

cdedse
Dear Danny, Thank you very much. .category-gaming-news .entry-title { display: none; } Fixed my problem with particular post category. Sorry if I am bothering you with lot of questions. Since I have to present the website on 13th February, I really do not have any time to work around with Google Chrome Web Developer Console or Firebug (I have no idea about html or php coding!!). This is one reason what makes me ask everything in the forum. Another reason is, you promised me that your support team will help on anything after we buy Pagelines!!! Thank you once again for this. Vinayan