ilkka

Buddypress css customization

ilkka

I am trying to customize css on my buddypress pages. By default there is _a lot_ of white space around the activity stream items. I'd like the stream more compact. With firebug I was able to change the padding, but for some reason the same code pasted into the pagelines custom css doesn't do anything. This is my css: .buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner { font-style: normal; margin-bottom: 0; padding: 0 10px 2px; }

Jenny
Hi @ilkka Can we have a link to your site please? You probably need to add a parent level CSS selector to your code. In Firebug, you can continue up the heirarchy until you find the first "id" reference. Put a # in front of it and then put it in front of your CSS, like this (I don't know what the id is, just using as a reference): [code]#id .buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ilkka
Sorry but I work on my site locally, i don't have a link. It seems to me, that the id is "#activity-stream". But adding that in front of the code won't work either.

Jenny
Is padding: 0 10px 2px; your custom CSS or is it as it displays as normal in Firebug? In other words, did you change the padding? If #activity-stream is the first id, then you could always try adding !important to the padding like this: [code]padding: 0 10px 2px !important;[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.