Sign in to follow this  
steveandrews

Widgets reset after updating

steveandrews

I updated my Pagelines install to version 2.1 recently and discovered that after the update, all my widget settings had reset. So things like custom menus that I'd placed within the Primary Sidebar and Universal Sidevar had disappeared. My footer settings also reset. I got everything back as it should be then today I've updated to version 2.1.1 and the same thing has happened - all widgets reset. Is there a way to update Pagelines without it resetting widget?

Simon
Did you set the new sidebar sort order under 'advanced' ?

steveandrews
I have set the sidebar order under Advanced but that's not what I'm actually having trouble with. The problem is with widgets that I've placed into the various sidebars - via the Appearance/Widgets section in Wordpress. After I update Pagelines, the widgets have moved into different sidebars. e.g. The widgets that I've placed in the Tertiary sidebar have moved into the Primary Sidebar.

Rob
Steve, we apologize. This is a known problem we're working on. Fortunately, the widgets are merely out of order and are not removed from the sidebars. It's quite easy to move them up and down between widgets. Make sure you don't move them back to the widget area or you will lose settings. If you slide one from let's say Universal Sidebar to Primary Sidebar, all settings are retained without fail.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dharmaduf
I've experienced this with each 2.1.x update I've installed... In fact, now I'm in the habit of opening a tab with the widgets admin page open before I auto-update Pagelines to the latest version. Then open the widgets admin page in a second tab after the update so I can go down the list and move my widgets into their pre-update widget areas quickly. I don't see this as a fix in the Pagelines release notes yet. Any idea when this will happen so I don't have to dread updating Pagelines everywhere I'm using it? Thanks.

peters_publishing
Had the same thing happen here.

catrina
I have already included this in a list of issues to report later on this week.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dharmaduf
FWIW, here's the workaround I've adopted: 1. Open a browser tab to the widgets admin page. 2. Open another tab and navigate to Pagelines Settings > Advanced and check the box for Enable Sidebar Priorities and save changes. (note: this will demonstrate the aforementioned behavior.) 3. Navigate from here to the widgets admin page so you have both the original and newly prioritized widgets areas open. 4. Reference the original setup to move your widgets to their proper area on the updated one. Now, when I let Pagelines update itself (from say 2.1.5 to 2.1.6) the order of the widgets stays put.

Rob
What version of WP were you using at the time of the change from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur